2.20.2014

A Secret to the Best Kid-cations...

So David wanted to go skiing and at first all I could think about was how to keep myself warm.  I hate feeling chilly.  I know, I'm a baby that way.  I blame it on Florida. 


But then I remember the secret to all great kid vacations!


It starts with layers and layers of clothes that have to be wrestled into, pulled over, strapped on and yanked up--



And continues with hearty young children hefting bulky boots and slippery skis to and fro--


Mix in the mental strength it takes for them to gather their courage and start down the hill--



Not to mention the physical challenges of little bodies going up and down the mountain all day long--


Then, for good measure, add a half foot of fresh snow, a self-made sledding trail, and some extra-cold temps--





The secret?  To tucker the whole bunch out.  Which, come nightfall, lets mom and dad have a mini-vacation of their own.


Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment